Monday, March 3, 2008


I spent the day yesterday helping my sister Kathy move my dad into an assisted living center. We rented a Uhual truck for the move and moved all of dad's stuff in one move. We also moved a few things for Kathy to her new apartment. The Goddess was good enough to bless us with dry weather for the day. The center where dad has moved is a renovated 1920's hotel where people like Shirley Temple and Clark Gable once stayed in it's hay day. The center has two libraries, a pool table, and lots of organized activities. I hope dad is able to adjust to the move without too much stress and strain. These things are hard on someone who is 87 years old.

With all the stress and strain of moving furniture my cold has reared it's ugly head once again. I was in bed at about 8:45 last night and slept to about 10:30 this morning. As I look outside my hotel room window I see that the rain has returned. It's not a pouring rain like the other day, but a constant drizzle. I guess I need to get dressed and find something to eat. I found a Barnes & Noble down the street so I may spend a quiet afternoon there. Tonight I am meeting Kathy for dinner and then we are going over to look in on Dad.

No comments: