Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I decided to spend the afternoon at Silverwood Lake in the nearby mountains. It turns out the state park is only 40 miles from my house. The weather at my house was a little overcast and cool. By the time I got into the mountains it was 92 degrees.


I tried to pick a spot off the beaten path and ended up in this little cove. There was a small swimming area, picnic tables, and clean bathrooms.

I set up my chair in this nice shaded area, stripped down to my running shorts, and spent the afternoon relaxing and reading. When I got there there were a couple of fishermen, and a group of women with two children. Then a family of 15 showed up, only to leave 30 minutes later for the other, more populated side. Thank goodness.


When I got to my car to leave, I was greeted by this park ambassador, a 3' rattle snake. You know how I like snakes. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I wasn't as close to him as it looks. After he went under my car, he slithered off into the grass.

No comments: