Monday, August 31, 2009

What a great weekend!!! Spent some quality time with both family and friends.

Friday evening Karen and I went to a Quakes baseball game. Boy was it hot!! Our seats were near the press box so any chance of a breeze was blocked. It finally cooled off about 9:30 - 10:00 pm. That's about the time the Quakes heated up. The Quakes were behind by 7-1 going into the bottom of the 8th inning when they scored two runs. In the bottom of the ninth inning they loaded the bases and then scored two runs. The next batter up hit a 3-run, walk-off, home run to give us the win. The Quakes are fighting for a playoff spot so the win was important.

After the game I got to make up for being couch-bound on the 4th of July by watching a fireworks display. I surely do like watching fireworks!!

Saturday I went for a 23 mile bike ride on my mountain bike to nearby Westwind Park. It's only about 3 1/2 miles as the crow flies to Westwind Park from our house, but I zig and zag around the neighborhood and into the dairy areas south of my house to add on the miles. It was over 80 degrees when I left and pushing the high 90s when I got back.

While I was gone, Karen did some re-planting of our ice plant on the hill in front of our house. A salesman sold us some weed killer that he said would kill the crab grass and weeds in our ice plant without killing the ice plant. It killed the weeds, and crabgrass, oh and the ice plant too. So Karen dug up the dead stuff and replanted new stuff Saturday. She did a lot of work on that and I appreciate it.

Karen and I ran errands Saturday afternoon. We got a frosty drink from Starbucks, hit Target, and bought new phones and renewed our contracts with AT&T. Saturday night we had a great ham dinner at home.

Sunday I went to San Onofre State Beach with friends. It was a great day at the beach. Sunny, warm, and the water was quite refreshing. There was the usual crowd with groups three deep back from the water. It may be our last trip there as the rangers may start issuing citations for nudity there after Labor Day. (next weekend) :-( After the beach, Jack and I went to dinner at Fazoli's.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

No comments: