Saturday, August 15, 2009


I listened to President Obama's town hall meeting in Montana yesterday on CNN. It was directed at the health care debate.

First I must say that I didn't see any teleprompters for his prepared remarks and there were definitely none when he answered questions from the audience. I thought he handled himself very well.

He answered a couple of tough questions from the audience like how he planned to pay for his program and if there were going to be cuts to medicare or Medicaid. He said the program will be an American plan not the Canadian plan or the French plan. He said many of the insurance companies are on board with the changes.

President Obama said that 80% of the reforms were already agreed to by both sides of the congress. That has not been the feeling I have gotten from the blogs or from the cable news programs. I don't see where government is trying to take over health care. If you have insurance you can keep it. If you don't, you have the opportunity to purchase it from a variety of companies at a reasonable rate.

There will be changes put in place to stop insurance companies from suddenly revoking your coverage if you become sick, or milking the system with unneeded tests or procedures. It seems to make sense to me.

I thought President Obama did a good job.

No comments: