Saturday, August 13, 2011

The conference started this morning at 9:00 am. I got there at 8:10 am and nothing was set up, including the sign-in table or vendor booths. The speakers were good and the program ran pretty much on time. They gave us a critique form, so I was able to render some advice from my attendance at many conferences. This is the first one this group has put on and it looked like one or two people were doing most of the work. They didn't seem to want my help when offered. There were about 80 people in attendance. 


After the last speaker of the afternoon, I was able to do a little sightseeing around Omaha. I saw the mighty Missouri River, which I was told is just below flood stage.


I went up on this pedestrian bridge that goes over the river and took the photo below.  It was a beautiful day with temps in the low 80's and low humidity.  I'm told by the locals this is rare for this time of year.


Omaha is the home of the Men's NCAA College baseball world series.  This is the new stadium built for that and a minor league team affiliated with the Kansas City Royals.


No comments: