Sunday, August 14, 2011

I have to say that Nebraska and Kansas looked the same going west and south as it did going north and east the other day. I told a guy at the conference it is so flat here that you can actually see the curvature of the earth as you look off in the distance.  Funny he didn't laugh!!

I chose to leave the conference today (Sunday) as the lineup didn't look worth sticking around for. I caught a quick breakfast in the hotel dinning room and made myself a waffle.


Now I have usually had pretty good luck staying at Motel 6's, although the one in Omaha looked pretty run down and seedy.  The one here in Oklahoma City has taken the prize for worst I have ever experienced.  I checked into my room and noticed an odd smell but you know how you quickly adapt to odd smells.  As the evening went on, the occupants of the room next to me came to their room.  Now keep in mind that we have adjoining rooms with a locked door between us. 

The male occupant began talking real loud on the phone and yelling at at least one child.  The noise got louder and louder, and at one point I thought I heard a dog bark.  After I had had enough, I went to the front desk and asked for a different room, which they gladly provided.  On my way back to my room, I took a quick peek into the open window of the room next door and found a very large man, a child and two dogs in the room  One of the dogs was a pit bull in a cage.  Now  I know where I recognized the smell from.  Dogs!! 

My new room is nice and quiet and quite a ways down from the first.  (With no adjoining room)  I may have to re-think the whole Motel 6 thing in future trips, and I hope the one I'm planning on staying in tomorrow in Albuquerque is nicer.

I did manage to get out and find a Starbucks.  I came back and watched a really good PBS concert with Barbara Streisand. 

No comments: