Friday, August 12, 2011

Its been an interesting day. I started out my day, as I do on most days when I'm on the road, by stopping at McDonald's for hot a cakes and sausage breakfast. I always ask for a second container of syrup because the hot cakes soak it up pretty quick. Today, I asked for my usual order only to be told that an extra syrup would cost my 30 cents. 30 cents!!!! I know its not the clerk's vault, but I had to tell her that I had never been charged for a second syrup. She said, "I'm sorry. I don't set the prices." Now I know that, but talk about nickle and dimeing us!!!

The second interesting thing I saw this morning was in the little town of Minneapolis, Kansas. I was down below a quarter of a tank and thought it best to seek petrol and a restroom at my next opportunity.

I pulled into the only gas station I could find in town and first I couldn't find a slot to run my credit card to get gas. Finally I realized that you pump your gas first and then go in and pay. When I told the nice lady at the counter I couldn't remember the last time I was able to pump my gas before paying  she said, "it saves time." They obviously don't have drive-offs there.

After paying for my gas, I went into the bathroom. There I found a sign that said, "please don't spit on the floor." It gave me quite a chuckle and helped remind me where in America I was.


The photo above is of a weather front I was driving towards.  As it turned out, as bad as it looks, all I got was a few showers out of it.


The local state police at work.


When I got to Omaha, I got quite turned around looking for the college where the conference is going to be held.  After finally getting my bearings, I came upon this crash.  I guess it had just occurred as people were running out to the car and checking inside.  Then the first unit on the scene pulled right into my lane so I ended up going right here and circling around it. 

No comments: