Monday, June 24, 2013


My fantasy baseball team is going to bed the death of me. I lost another close one last week by four points.  I was cruising along in the lead yesterday when my "closers" couldn't pitch and lost their games and cost me 18 points. 

But I was still ahead by two points going into the last game of the evening, St. Louis vs Texas.  The game was delayed for almost three hours and I was hoping it would be called.  But nooooo!!!!!  It started at 8:00 pm our time.  I didn't have any players in the game and Brian had one position player and the closer, Joe Natham.

The position player, Nelson Cruz, went 1-4 with a strikeout so that didn't hurt me.  I entered the bottom of the ninth still ahead by two points.  In comes Joe Natham.  St. Louis gets runners on first and second base with one out.  The next batter hits a screaming line drive down the third base line, headed for the left field corner.  We're gonna tie the score!!!  But noooooo!!!!  Adrian Beltre jumps up and snares the screamer and doubles up the runner on second base.  Game over.  Natham gets the save and five points.  I lose by four points. 

No comments: