Friday, November 15, 2013

I just read another story of  self-righteous Christians who chose not to tip their waitress because of her sexual orientation. This story comes from Bridgewater, NJ where a waitress at the Gallop Asian Bistro was stiffed of her tip on a $93.55 bill by a couple and their two children. "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I don't agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life" was written on the receipt instead.


The waitress, Dayna Morales, is a former member of the U.S. Marines.


Here are photos of the fake $10 bills I spoke of in a previous post.  Several have been left on the table in lieu of tips.  As you can see, on the back is a Christian tract. 



Man these stories really piss me off.  If the couple was so upset with the appearance of their waitress they should have asked to be moved to a different table.  Then to walk out on a bill of almost $100.00 without a tip is just plain rude.  What part of "love god and love one another" didn't they understand? 

I've never worked as a waiter, but those folks work really hard.  I sat at the counter at a Denny's once and watched the waitresses work.  They are constantly on the go.  They deserve a good tip.  Sit at the counter once and watch for yourself.   

These stories aren't new.  I've long heard of waiters/waitresses who won't work Sunday afternoon shifts because religious groups are poor tippers, even to straight staff.  

Remember my motto: figure the tip and "add a buck."  

No comments: