Sunday, November 10, 2013

Karen and I saw Val Kilmer in his one-man performance of "Citizen Twain" at the Garner Springs Auditorium at Chaffey H.S. Saturday evening. It was very funny.  He came out in costume before the show started and talked and joked with the audience.  He had on a mic so we could hear what he was saying.


He had some pretty good lines during the show.  He was critical of  how Americans "discovered America" and slaughtered thousands of Indians. He has some Indian in him.  He also quoted Mark Twain when he said, "If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be - a Christian." 



After the show we waited 45 minutes to "meet and greet" Val Kilmer.  He signed out program and posed for a photograph with us.  He wasn't very talkative, but agreed to shake my hand when I asked.  It was pretty exciting!!  I don't think I've ever met a "movie star" before, and Val Kilmer is one of my favorites. 



No comments: