Friday, July 24, 2015

I'm beginning to understand those folks in the 60's who wrote songs in protest because they saw or heard something that pissed them off. I get pissed off and I'm overcome with the need to write about it. 



Faggot
“Faggot” is the word he chose to use,
A six-letter word used to abuse.
He spit it out without remorse,
Six simple letters with so much force.

I was taken aback when I heard that word,
My first impression was, “What a turd.”
Used to describe his friend for years,
“Out of the closet” amidst her fears.

“Shun her!” was his group’s response,
Ban her from her usual haunts.
“Christian Love” went out the door,
Treat her like a filthy whore.

I can never change his mind,
Or the others like his kind.
Hearts of stone and brains of lead,
“Love one another” is surely dead.

Lunch with him won’t be my choice,
I must stand and raise my voice.
“Faggot” hurts those close to me,
A decision made with certainty.  
Ken Ferguson

No comments: