Sunday, August 27, 2017

Spent a great couple of days in Phoenix. It was quite warm, but I spent most of the time in air conditioning.


I went to a Phoenix Mercury basketball game on Friday hoping to see Diana Taurasi play.  No such luck.  Turns out she was injured.  The Mercury played poorly and lost.


I found a great used book store in Phoenix called "Dog-Eared Pages."  It was a little hole-in-the-wall, and off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. It has a web site, dogearedpagesusedbooks.com.  and they will ship.  If you're in Phoenix take a look. 


As I said, it was quite warm in Phoenix.  But its dry heat right??




I went to a Arizona Diamondbacks game on Friday night and sat way up (and I mean way up) in the cheap seats.  There was another 20 or 25 rows above me as well. They beat the dreaded Giants and I got to see Greinke pitch.  After the game they opened up the roof for fireworks.


No comments: