Saturday, December 22, 2007

Flying High



I had the opportunity to fly with my son today and it was an assume experience. Josh has his private pilot's license and flies out of the Mt. Sac Aeronautics School at Bracket Field in La Verne. The day was perfect for flying. The air was cool and crisp and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We could see for miles. We flew in a Cessna 152, which is a single engine four seater plane. We flew from La Verne to Santa Barbara and landed. We taxied back down the taxi way and took off again. We flew for about 2 1/2 hours in all and covered about 200 miles. Josh told me we flew at an altitude of 65oo feet and a speed of 125 MPH. The flight was as smooth as a babies butt. I have to tell you that I was quite the proud dad watching Josh at the controls of that plane. He was pulling on knobs, watching a dozen gauges, and talking to a string of traffic control towers all across the Los Angeles basin. I felt perfectly safe and wasn't sick once. I'd go up with him again in a hot second.

No comments: