Thursday, December 13, 2007

Recent Trip

In October of '07, I traveled to the state of Washington with my traveling buddy and great friend Jim. We drove up Hwy. 395 and spent the first night at the Circus Circus hotel in Reno Nevada. I won $100 in a video poker machine and Jim lost $30. He was devastated!! He accused me of winning his money so I bought him an ice cream cone to calm him down. It works every time!!!

I had never been to Crater Lake, so we stopped on the way and I took this photo. It was a beautiful day, the air temperature was about 38 degrees, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The water was a deep blue and sure looked cold. I managed to keep Jim from falling in, of course he wasn't fishing. (more on Jim's fishing adventures later)

We drove on up to Seattle Washington where I rented a car. Jim went to visit his brother and mother in the Seattle area and I drove up to Ferndale Washington to visit my dad and sister Kathy. While out to dinner with my dad and sister, Jim called to inform me that someone had stolen his ATM number and made several purchases in Washington. He even went so far as to accuse me of the theft as several of the purchases were made north of Seattle!!! So I was forced to pay for our expenses on the way home, which I suspect was his original intent!! :-)

Not to be outdone, I ended up in the emergency room in Cottage Grove, Oregon because I couldn't go to the bathroom. They inserted a catheter, which gave me great relief, and away I went. The rest of the trip was pretty much uneventful. You'll be glad to know that subsequent medications have seemed to deflate my swollen prostate.

So, all in all it was another great trip for me and Jim.

No comments: