Friday, June 20, 2008

Been bikin'

Even with the heat up over 100 degrees, I've been able to ride my bike. Tuesday I rode about 16 miles mostly around here. It was quite an eventful ride. Somewhere along the ride the display part of my odometer fell off and was lost. Then closer to home I dumped my bike twice. I recently purchased clips for my pedals and as I lost my balance I couldn't get my feet out of the clips and fell. Fortunately both times were in the dirt and at locations where no one saw me make a fool of myself. Also I landed in soft dirt, almost at a stand still, so I wasn't hurt. (Except my pride) I have learned to take my feet out of the clips on any surface other than pavement.

So, Thursday I went back to Featherly Park for a ride. I guess I rode about 16-18 miles. Mostly on the pavement and no falls. I found that the bike trail that runs along the Santa Ana River has another park that it passes. I stopped there for a break. When I left my car for my ride the temperature was 92 degrees. When I returned it was 101!!! Most of the last 2.5 miles was at an incline so I was pooped when I got back to my car.


Friday I went out again and kept close to home. I stopped in the park for a break and took this photo of some passing clouds. It was only about 92 when I finished my ride, but later on whey Corey and I returned from running some errands, it was 107 degrees.

No comments: