Friday, June 27, 2008

Response to my letter to Senator Feinstein!!!


Dear Mr. Ferguson:

Thank you for your letter about the United States Embassy in Iraq. I appreciate the time you took to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand your concerns about the cost and size of the U.S. Embassy being constructed in Iraq. As you may know, in May 2005, Congress approved the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005 (H.R. 1268), which allocated $592 million for the construction of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. Congress later rescinded $20 million from the funds available for the Embassy's construction. The Embassy funds are needed to ensure the safety and security of our personnel, who are operating under difficult and threatening conditions. Please know that I will continue to monitor this situation and will keep your concerns in mind should the Senate consider additional legislation to fund the U.S. Embassy in Iraq.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any further comments, please contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator


This was much more of a response than I got from Senator Boxer. So our democrat controlled senate knew about this huge embassy being built in Iraq and approved the spending for it. I guess I can't really lay all the blame on President Bush and the republican administration. It's plain to see that neither party has any immediate plans for removing all the troops from Iraq.

No comments: