Sunday, June 15, 2008

This and that from the weekend

Saturday I went for a bike ride and managed 21 miles, mostly over the back roads of the former dairy land near my house. I managed to pick up another sticker and had to stop in the park to change the inner tube. This is the first time I've had to remove the back wheel and it was a bit more challenging than the front. About a half hour later I was back on the road. I've been told I should invest in whats called "green slime" to reduce the chance of flat tires. "Green slime" is apparently a gooey substance put inside the inner tube that attacks punctures and seals them.


Along the way I stopped for a break and bought a bottle of water near my regular Mobil station. As you can see, the price of gas just keeps on climbing. I looked back to some old blogs and found that on May 31st I paid $4.11 a gal. So in two weeks gas has gone up $0.50 a gal!!! At this rate it will be $5.00 a gal by the end of the month. And what happened to the days when gas generally ran up $0.10 a gal between regular, special, and super?? Now its $0.12 a gal more for special and then another $0.10 a gal for super. Just another way to get our money.


Saturday evening Josh, Karen, and I went to the movies and saw the new Indiana Jones movie. It was entertaining, but I wouldn't go see it again. I guess I can only handle so much chasing and fighting at one time. I think I like the National Treasure movies with Nicholas Cage better. Without giving away the whole move, I have to say that the movie confirmed everything I have been saying for months about how aliens once visited earth!!! LOL!!!


No comments: