Thursday, June 12, 2008


I went on a bike ride today, Thursday, in and around Featherly Park. The park is located off the north side of the 91 freeway, west of Green River Rd. The Santa Ana River runs through the park. The park is quite a nice park and it has a very clean camp ground.


While most of the 15 mile ride was on pavement like the bike trail shown above, I was able to find a trail of about 1 1/2 miles that was dirt.

In the photo above you can see the low tree across the trail, and in the photo below, a small creek I had to cross on foot using my bike for balance on the slippery, mossy surface.

The photo below shows a portion of the trail that was covered with large rocks making it necessary to carry my bike awhile. It was a great ride. I'm sure I'll do this one again.




No comments: