Wednesday, July 8, 2009


As many of you know, my back has been bothering me the last week. Part of this joyous experience has been trouble sleeping. I have to admit that while laying awake in pain, I have given thought to the past when I would have been praying to God for some relief.

Instead, I looked to the Internet and medical science. I learned from the Internet that it helps to put a pillow between your legs at night to give your back more support and to sleep on your side. I tried this and it was actually the only way I found to be a comfortable position to sleep in.

Second, I sought assistance from the urgent care department of Kaiser in Ontario. After a brief consultation the Dr. prescribed me some pain killers, some muscle relaxers, and more ibuprofen for the inflammation. The vicodin has been a great help.

Meanwhile, I am still seeing the chiropractor depending on their medical expertise to bring me out of this episode. Granted it is a little lonely at 2:30 in the morning when you have no one to pray to, but I think I'll still get thru this without any assistance from a devine entity, real or imagined.

No comments: