Saturday, July 18, 2009


Still dealing with a sore back. Friday morning I was treated by my chiropractor and in the afternoon had an MRI scan. MRI, which stands for magnetic resonance imaging, uses magnetic and radio waves instead of X-rays to view the inner workings of your body.

If you've never had an MRI, they place you on this bed and restrict your head and arms. The idea is lie as still as possible while the scan is taking place.

Then push you head first into a tunnel. It can be quite frightening if you are claustrophobic. They give you ear plugs because it is so noisy inside the tube. My MRI took about 30 minutes.

Someone reads the MRI and writes a report. That report will direct my future medical procedures. So, hopefully by the middle of next week we will have some concrete idea of what is causing all the inflammation in my back and take some steps to get it fixed. I can hardly wait!!!

In the meantime, another weekend of being a couch potato with lots of ice and aspirin. They better hurry up and fix me so I can cut my lawn!!!

No comments: