Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Since you asked, yes my back is still bothering me. I hope to hear about the results of my MRI this week.

In the meantime, I went to a local Barnes and Noble today to get myself out of the house for awhile. I limped my way into the store and ordered my usual venti mocha frappacinno and went looking for a book or two to read. I ended up with Plato's "Republic". (a little light reading!!) I started out on a stiff dinning room type chair and then was able to move over to a more comfy chair. Plato's Republic is a tough read.

While sitting there, I was able to see portions of the store. I saw two young guys and one young girl, teens of about 16-17, in the sex books section. They were at the stage of their life where they opened up books and showed each other pictures and laughed. Made me wonder if any of them had any experience with sex. My guess would be not much, if any.

One man sitting in a comfy chair down from me was taking a short nap. The lady next to me was reading some kind of computer book.

I made a quick trip to the men's room and found it quite crowded. The men's room had one urinal and two stalls. One was a handicapped stall. I found one man at the urinal and one in the regular stall. There was a third mad waiting for an opening as he wouldn't go in the handicapped stall. It's always been my opinion that the handicapped stalls were provided for the ease of use by handicapped folks, (or to satisfy the law) but not restricted to the handicapped. If there are no handicapped around, it's open to one and all. So I walked past the waiting man and made use of the handicapped stall.

After a couple of hours with Plato, I headed home. I limped out to the car and made the 20 minute drive home. Interestingly, when I got out of the car and walked to the mail box, my leg didn't hurt much at all. Sometimes it hurts a lot, and other times it feels fine. Perhaps there is something in there floating around causing intermittent pain. Have to wait and see I guess.

No comments: