Friday, July 24, 2009


I got the results of my M.R.I. this morning. There are big medical words in the report like disc desiccation, bilateral facet hypertrophy, and ligamentum flavum thickening, but I'm told the bottom line is three bulging discs. The bulging discs are putting pressure on the spinal canal which is only approx. 17 mm in diameter. My disc bulges range from 3-5 mm each.

My chiropractor will send the info to the insurance company and ask for more treatment from them plus a referral to a pain management doctor. The pain doctor will probably give me an anti-inflammatory shot like cortisone to help relieve the inflammation and lesson the pain.

So, at least I know what the problem is and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The ice and ibuprofen and treatments are starting to make a difference, so it's just a matter of time.

I found this info on the Internet;

Stenosis is a narrowing of the spinal canal due to the encroachment of disc material or bony growths that squeeze and irritate the spinal cord and/or extending nerve roots. This can lead to pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the legs, feet or buttocks. Spinal stenosis is commonly a contributing cause for sciatic symptoms.

No comments: