Saturday, February 14, 2015

I found this photo this morning on http://theastrarium.tumblr.com/ and it inspired this poem:

Dreams


Follow me she whispers.  I’ll take you to a place,
Where you and I can vanish, leave without a trace.
It’s paradise, a sanctuary, a garden of delight,
Take my hand, don’t hesitate, and leave with me tonight.

Who are you to come to me and make this tempting offer?
I don’t know you, we’ve never met, you’re probably a robber.
Dressed as you are, I’ve come to fear, you only want my money,
You’ll rip me off, then run away, I’m not your average rummy.

I am a witch, I won’t deny, your perception quite insightful,
But come with me, dare take a chance, I’ll make it quite delightful.
Just through this gap, beyond the lake, we’ll leave without delay,
I’ll wave my wand, and cast a spell, and we’ll be on our way.

I’ll take a chance!  I’ve cast my lot, she takes me by the arm,
What the heck, I’ll live a little, what could be the harm?
Then suddenly a wind comes up her skirts begin to billow,
I’ve never left, I’m still in bed, my head upon my pillow.  

Ken Ferguson

No comments: