Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I just discovered a form of poetry called acrostic poetry. In acrostic poetry the first letter of the word that begins a line spells out a word.  So I thought I would have a little fun with The Beatles.  The poem is made up of the titles of Beatles songs which are underlined. 




Ladies and Gentlemen - The Beatles

T   There’s a Place where only Beatle fans can Slow Down, whenever
H   Help is needed with All My Lovin’.  Moreover,
E   Eleanor Rigby could never Drive My Car under the cover.

B   Because it will be a Hard Day’s Night, extended to well over
E   Eight Days a Week, before Lovely Rita will discover
A   All You Need is Love.  I have learned from Lucille however
T   This Boy wants to Shout because She’s leaving Home. Remember
L   Let It Be.   If I Fell, I’m Down, but I’ll Be Back and I Feel Fine. Consider
E   Every Little Thing done on Penny Lane will echo forever,
S   She Loves You Ya, Ya, Ya, Ya.

Ken Ferguson

No comments: