Wednesday, February 11, 2015




Equality and Justice for ALL

In years gone by, folks would blanch, when guys walked hand in hand,
It’s just not right, it’s against the rules, I’m sure it must be banned.
Cops raided bars, and sent the dogs, and beat men to the ground,
Guys went to jail, or hung in trees, some bodies never found,

Cuz love is love, it seems to me, I don’t see any difference,
If you like boys, and I like a girls, that’s certainly your preference.
“I had no choice, I’m born this way”, their lame excuse rejected,
Cuz religions explain, in their disdain, it’s not to be accepted.

So “we the people”, are rising up, and making our voices heard,
We’re changing minds, and getting votes, we refuse to be deterred.
We hit the streets, and marched as one, with gay pride standing tall,
Fighting, first and foremost, for Equality and Justice for ALL.

Ken Ferguson

No comments: