Tuesday, May 5, 2015



The Phone Call

As one moves, into higher authority,
Wouldn’t you think it would be a priority?
To quickly return one’s promised phone calls,
And avoid those embarrassing office protocols.

The one who is waiting isn’t asking for much,
Please take a moment to just keep in touch.
A word, a clue, a tidbit of news,
Is all that is needed to ward off my blues.

I stare at the phone and beg it to ring,
A phone call right now, would just be the thing,
To stave off the worry, the wonder, the duress,
I fear I can’t bear much more of this stress.

My phone starts to jingle, ‘Oh surely it’s him!”
I answer it quickly and learn to my chagrin,
It just another salesman offering me a deal,
I cut him off quickly, amid his appeal.

I’ve made up mind; he’s not going to call,
It’s just my own Karma, you see, after all.
I don’t deserve, to be treated with respect,
It’s my own doing, my fate, I suspect. 
Ken Ferguson

No comments: