Wednesday, May 20, 2015




The Traveling Minstrel

I am a traveling minstrel, a purveyor of word and song,
I spin a tale, and strum a tune, and then I move along.
I hope to make you dance and sing, and clap to beat the band,
And put a smile upon your face, and leave you feeling grand.

The fantasies I weave for you, are made to entertain,
So stop awhile, enjoy the show, and join in the refrain.
I dabble in a grain of truth, the rest imagination,
And if I hit too close to home, please spare your condemnation.

The ladies find me charming, a chap with quite a flare,
They smile and nod, and bat their eyes, it seems without a care.
I’ll croon a tune, and make them swoon, and promise my devotion,
But come the dawn, they’ll find me gone, without a big commotion. 
 
I am a traveling minstrel, a poet of some renown,
I live to entertain you, while moving from town to town.
If you’ve found some revelry in what you’ve seen today,
Please drop a penny in my cup, before you walk away. 
Ken Ferguson

No comments: