Tuesday, September 29, 2015



Road Rage

It’s amazing to me the way some people drive,
I find it’s a miracle that they get home alive.
Some guy in a sports car is riding my ass,
Bobbing and weaving; most anxious to pass.

So I slow down, I’m the rational one you see,
The sports car hits his brakes to avoid hitting me.
Cutting off a car now he’s right at my side,
Giving me the finger with gusto and pride.

I return the finger; I’m the rational one you’ll recall,
Something, something, something, about “pride before the fall.”
He rolls down his window and he’s  yellin’ and screamin’,
I try to ignore him and hope he’s not packin’.

The sports car hits the gas and he tears down the road,
Off it would seem to his humble abode.
Road rage can occur in the blink of an eye,
I just feel lucky that I didn’t die. 
--Ken Ferguson--

No comments: