Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The writing prompt today at fanstory.com was "She didn't lock her door..." and this is what I came up with:



A Lesson Learned

She didn’t lock her door that day,
“I was running late,” she’d later say.
“My one year old was throwing a fit,
My head was throbbing, I felt like shit.” 

A crook discovered the unlocked house,
He snuck on in; as quiet as a mouse.
He helped himself to the pick of her riches,
Even took a pair of her old denim britches. 

Officers were called and arrived in a hurry,
Doing their job, so it seemed in a flurry.
Searching for evidence, and dusting for prints,
Looking out for clues, and checking for hints.

A print was developed; the CSI ran to the lab,
In no time at all she’d identified the cad.
Officers moved quickly and arrested the crook,
They even recovered the britches he took.  

“I’ve sure learned my lesson,” she said with a grin,
“I’m sure I’ll never ever do that ever again. 
The cops were just super; I can’t thank them enough.
For arresting the bad guy and recovering my stuff. “
--Ken Ferguson--

No comments: