Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rescue Rooter Rip Off!!!


Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to agree to a "free inspection" of my water heater. I know, I know, a sucker is born every ... In my defense, they woke me up when they called at 9:15 AM and I wasn't in my right mind.

So with that stated, don't be a victim of the "free inspection" scam of Rescue Rooter like I was. They drained and inspected my water heater and told me it looked fine. After a look in my bathrooms and kitchen, they offered me a "home maintenance program" for $499.00. A second serviceman shows up with a scope they put down my drain pipe. It has some problems but they can clean it for $600.00. Total: $1600.00 Huh?? I declined. The serviceman called his manager who offered to do the work for $800.00. I declined.

As they left, I noticed that the water heater was now leaking from the overflow valve. I pointed it out to the servicemen who told me it will stop. It ran all night.

Next day they sent another serviceman out who tells me the overflow valve on my water heater is bad and needs to be replaced. Then they told me there was a chance that the valve could snap when they tried to remove it and damage my water heater. They told me they could replace the water heater for $1200.

Bottom line - the whole experience was stinky. Don't use Rescue Rooter!!!

No comments: