Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Housing slump


We've all been reading about the housing slump and thinking how terrible it was for those who have lost their homes because of it. Well it was brought closer to home for me this week when my good friend Jack told me about a web site called Zillow.com. You can search your address and find out what the current value is for your home.

To my chagrin, I learned that my house is currently worth $269,500. Yesterday it was worth $271,000. It dropped $1,500 in one day!!! Worst of all, my house was worth $416,000 in January of 2006. The good news is that we only paid $99,900 for it twenty-one years ago.

So if you have an interest in what your house is currently worth, and a strong heart, take a look at zillow.com. It was quite an eye opener for me.

No comments: