Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weekend roundup


I had quite a nice weekend thank you for asking. Friday evening I went to an Angels baseball game with my son Josh. The game was between my beloved Minnesota Twins and the Anaheim Angels. I'm proud to say we kicked some Angels ass, winning the game 9-0. Josh had bought me the tickets for Father's Day. We had very nice evening.

Saturday Karen had to work a little overtime. She now works in the Workman's comp./benifits area for the school district and since school started this week she has been real busy with open enrolment for the district employee's benefits. So, I took Karen to lunch and we went to Togos. For those of you not familiar with Togos, it is a sandwich shop similar to Subway. They make great sandwiches. Karen had her usual turkey/avocado and I had tuna.

Sunday I went to my favorite beach with my good friends Jack and Jon. It was a beautiful day except for a little wind. The beach was quite crowded.

The State of California is trying to close down this portion of San Onofre beach as it is clothing optional. The Friends of San Onofre and the Naturalist Action Committee are in a court battle to stop it and a reporter and camera woman from the New York Times were on the beach interviewing people and taking photos. So far there is a stay on enforcement of the nudity laws until the issue is settled.

For those of you who may have never had the experience of going to a nude beach, it is no different than a regular beach except the people don't have clothes on. There are people there playing volleyball and walking their dogs. There are people going into the ocean to swim or surf, and there are couples, families, groups, and singles of all ages, colors, and sizes. Yesterday was the first time I witnessed a couple becoming amorous and a regular went over and politely asked them to stop.

The first twenty minutes of being nude are probably the most uncomfortable. But soon you realize that people aren't pointing their fingers at you and laughing, or even paying much attention to you at all. After that it's a piece of cake. But why you may ask? It is quite liberating I think. It's especially nice going into the ocean and swimming nude. If anyone has ever had the urge to go to a nude beach and needs someone to hold their hand the first time, I'll be glad to take you for a day. You may even want to go on a weekday the first time as the beach is not nearly as crowded during the week. Who knows, it could change your life!!!

No comments: