Monday, November 16, 2015

I've been battling a cold all weekend, one that has ravaged through our house like a wild fire. So, as you know, I write about what effects me, here are my symptoms as I see 'em. LOL





A Sick Man’s Lament

I caught a bad cold and I’m coughing like crazy.
Losing my voice now and feeling quite lazy.
Head feeling stuffy, nose running amok,
Overall I feel I’ve been hit by a truck.

I’m coughing like a seal from down deep in my chest,
I’m heading back to bed so’s to get me some rest.
I’m under the covers; peeking out in despair,
Hackin’ and coughin’ and gasping for air.

I can’t get to sleep as I toss and I turn,
My fever is rising causing me great concern.
Sweatin” and shiverin’, my destiny quite clear,
I’m sick as a dog; near my end I doth fear. 

Oh I know what you’ll say; put a stop to your whinin’,
You’re not that sick, and for sure you ain't dyin’.
It’s just a bad cold, one that everyone goes through,
You’re just actin’ crazy, stop singin’ the blues.  

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: