Saturday, November 28, 2015



Black Friday Blues

It’s easy to fall into the grip of despair,
when holiday greetings fill the crisp winter air.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to name just a few,
throw in Happy Hanukkah just to spice up the brew. 

I’m out buying presents for my family and friends,
maybe a co-worker; that all depends.
Pushing and shoving for that special on ties,
it’s not a “Black Friday” unless somebody dies.  

Running short of money now, my list I must cut,
man all this shopping‘s such a pain in the butt.
A lady just sprayed me with perfume on aisle four,
it took all I had not to call her a … cherub. 

Out of the mall to my car I am running,
dodging and weaving; using all of my cunning.
Five cars behind me awaiting my space,
honking and swearing and getting on my case.

I give them the finger and one guy gets out,
we square off, we posture, we scream and we shout.
No punches are thrown, as cooler heads prevail,
probably good cause I couldn’t afford the bail.

I make it back home; all my shopping is done,
cause I’m not going back out to indulge in that fun.
The mall is a fiasco and a drain on one’s wealth,
and surely a threat to a man’s very health. 

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: