Sunday, November 29, 2015




Words

Each golden sunrise ignites in me a new
tidal wave of words.  Tossing and turning
inside my head like a small wooden ship
on a torrid sea.

Words, that I must corral like so many
wild stallions; pawing and snorting,
kicking down fences, demanding their
release from the confines of my mind. 

Words, that I must harness like blinding
bolts of lightning, exploding across the horizon,
from the black and purple clouds that lumber
across my brain.

The trick though, is to employ but not stifle, the
power of words. Words can be quickly penned
onto the writer’s page, long enough to convey
a thought, offer a position, or display an emotion, only
to have them rampage off in a blusterous exhibition 
of grandeur, leaving behind the terrifying promise 
of the next harrowing confrontation. 

I must rest and prepare. 

--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: