Monday, November 9, 2015



A Bedtime Story

Its 3:00 am, I’m suddenly awake,
Surely it’s just a big mistake.
Words are flashing through my brain,
That green burrito must be to blame.
The words won’t stop, I’m overwhelmed,
I must get up and write them down.

Across the room I quietly creep,
Quiet as a mouse; the wife’s asleep.
I stub my toe on the dresser’s edge,
A dark conspiracy I must allege.
Blood now oozing from the nail,
I gulp in air to stop my wail.

A Band-Aid seems to stem  the flow,
So off to the den I quickly go.
I reach the desk and grab a pen,
What was that thought I had again?
The words have stopped, my mind is blank,
I feel quite dumb to be quite frank.

So here I sit what should I do?
I’m quite in shock; without a clue.
I go to bed and toss and turn,
I need my sleep, when will I learn?
All this drama over a simple thought,
My late night journey was all for naught.
--Ken Ferguson--
Artista di Parole

No comments: