Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back in Puerto Rico


Yes siree, folks. I'm back in Puerto Rico. Only for a week this time. I arrived this evening (Tuesday) and was met by my good buddy Jim and a new teacher named Megan. It's just like I left it with the temperature in the 80's and not too humid. I'm back in my same old room in the boy's dorm with Jim one door down.

My trip was uneventful for the most part. I had to travel through Dallas/Ft. Worth airport which is always a trial for me it seems. Today was no different. I arrived in Dallas at gate A20 something and learned that my connector flight was leaving from gate D-17. You have to take a small tram from one area to the next so I climbed on the tram and made my way over to section D. When it was about time to board, I learned that the flight was moved to gate A-23!! So I traveled back across the airport on the tram to catch my flight. We left about 30 minutes late, but still managed to get here pretty close to the predicted arrival time. It would have been a complete disaster if I hadn't gotten a frosty drink from Starbucks on the way to section D. :-)

I arrived her in PR to find that my friend Jim had taken ill. He spent last night in the local ER only to find out he had a kidney stone on the move. He has to return to see another Dr. tomorrow to have a better look at the situation. I'm convinced that Jim is not sick but using this elaborate scheme to get out of work while I'm here this week. I know what you're thinking, not the Jim we know and love. Well, he tried a similar scheme on our last trip trying to make me think he lost his credit card so I would have to pay the expenses coming home from Washington. He even had his family in on the last one. Well, this one is even worse. He has fake prescription bottles and is telling me how sick he is. I mean, Pleeeeease!!!!!!!

I've just seen my first mosquito so I'm sure the alarm has been sent out that there is fresh meat in the area. I guess I had better get to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow morning to take Jim to some other fake Dr. with the fake Xrays he has, for a second opinion. Fake Xrays!!! Does the man have no shame!!!!!

All kidding aside, Jim did have a kidney stone attack last night and has to see an urologist in the morning for further consultation. So for those of you who pray, please keep my friend Jim in your prayers. Hopefully he can keep this thing under control until he gets back to the States so it doesn't decide to take another trip while we are flying home. Plus after listening to his description of his visit to the local ER, we don't want to have to depend on them for something major. I'm told you bring your own pillow and blankets to the hospital!!! We often don't realize how blessed we are in the good ol' US of A.

No comments: