Thursday, April 3, 2008

A dream I had

Last night I dreamt that I was scheduled to speak in front of a religious group of some kind and I didn't know what to talk about. The speaker ahead of me made the comment that he didn't know why he saw so many police cars speeding around and not making full stops when making right turns at red lights or stop signs.

Having some experience in this area, I chose to address his question in my talk. I said that police officers aren't usually called to someones house unless the occupants have lost control of their lives and need immediate help in returning some semblance of order to their home. Lets face it, we don't usually invite the local beat cop over to our family bar-b-que on Sunday afternoon. So the officers respond to the location as quickly as possible. Thank goodness!!

Then I got to thinking. We don't usually call our God/Goddess into our home until we have lost control of our lives either. Would our lives run smoother if we invited what ever God/Goddess we chose to worship into our lives on a daily basis instead of asking Him/Her to scream over when things are going bad?

Some dream huh??

No comments: