Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend home improvement project

Hello everyone. I've been busy most of the weekend working on a home improvement project - repairing my wood fence on the front of my house. Thank Goddess Corey came to my rescue and helped me out.

You can see the before photo on a previous post and here are the during and after photos. We didn't even spill any blood. It did take three trips to the hardware store as one bag of cement wasn't enough to fill the post hole and one box of screws wasn't enough to fasten all the fence slats to the frame.


The real test for the fence will come when the next Santa Ana winds blow, which hopefully won't be until next fall.

I also wasn't able to get on the computer on Saturday because Verizon was here re-wiring the house for their new fiber optic system.

The fence actually looks pretty good in this photo. Fortunately you can't see the frame on the back, which isn't exactly square. The fence had to be sloped at one end because of the slope in our yard for rain runoff.

No comments: