Sunday, April 13, 2008

A day at the beach



I'm coming out of the closet today!!

Saturday was a beautiful day and so I went to a nude beach with a good friend. (Many of you will know who this good friend is) We went to the San Onofre State Beach, below tail #6. It's not my first visit to this beach, and certainly won't be the last. It's the closest nude beach to us, located at the north end of San Diego County, a 65 mile drive one way from my house. Los Angeles and Orange Counties won't allow nude beaches. My friend and I go together as neither of our wives care to indulge in the nude community, although both have been once to try it out.

It was a clear day, with a warm breeze coming off the mountains. It was 85 degrees when we arrived at about 10:15 am. After a short walk, we arrived at the "clothes optional" area which is no more that 100 yards long. There were already probably 50-60 people there.

We chose a spot about mid-way down the 100 yd stretch, and set up our chairs, beach umbrellas and ice chests. Directly in front of us was a couple who I would guess was in their mid 70's. Off to our right was a couple who each weighed 300 lbs, and off to our left was a group of three couples. Everyone was naked and enjoying the beach. We quickly stripped down and joined in.

Now I don't consider myself a voyeur or exhibitionist. I just enjoy the feeling of freedom I find without my clothes on. I'm certainly not there to "strut my stuff." Other than not having clothes on, the beach would resemble any other beach you may have visited. I read a book and usually bring a crossword puzzle, while my friend enjoys music on his mp3 player. Many couples are out walking along the beach, and many have brought their dogs to enjoy the surf. We've been entertained often by schools of dolphins and helicopters from the local Marine base.

As the day went on, the crowd swelled to over 150 people. At about 1:00 pm, there seemed to be a shift change. Many people chose to call it a day, only to be replaced by a surge in the crowd for the rest of the afternoon. We left at about 2:30.

Anyone who may want more information about the beach can go to http://www.friendsofsanonofre.org/ . If you are interested in going one time and would like someone to introduce you to this life style, my friend and I would love to bring you along for the day. Remember it's a "clothes optional" area, so if you chose to stay in your suit, or just take off your top, its up to you. We all went through that period of nervousness the first time we took our clothes off. It will pass quickly. There are people there of all shapes, sizes, and ages. No one is having sex or gawking at each other. Its just a nice day at the beach. Really!!!

No comments: