Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunday night I was blogging from the second story patio of the school watching an incredible thunder and lightning storm. The rain became so heavy that I had to move off of the patio because my computer was getting rained on. The thunder and lightning moved off to the north east but it continued to rain buckets. At one point it looked like it was raining sideways. It finally stopped about 12:30 in the morning.

This morning Jim and I had to run into town on an errand and on the way could see where the neighborhood rivers had overflowed their banks during the storm yesterday. The father of one of the students shared with me that his store was flooded overnight and he spent most of the morning cleaning up the mess. We had a couple of short bursts of rain today, but nothing like yesterday.

After the bell choir performed on Sunday, we were invited to the home of one of the families in the congregation for a pool/ocean party. It turned out to be an $800,000 condo in a complex right on the Caribbean Sea. This is a gated community with lots of expensive houses and condos. Last time I was in PR, we came here to go horseback riding on the beach. We were provided Dominoes pizza and salad for lunch. (Doesn't get any better than that!!) We swam in their community pool and also walked the 50 yards to the ocean to swim. The first photo below is the pool area looking towards the ocean and the second is just beyond the pool looking at the ocean. I even managed to catch 40 winks in a lounge chair beside the pool. It was a very nice afternoon.






This is the second time I've been in the Caribbean Sea swimming. It seems that the water is not as salty as the water in the Atlantic Ocean, which is the ocean we swim in from LaQuillo, or the Pacific Ocean. It's differently warmer than than both of them.

After showers and dinner, Betsy and I had a scrabble game, one on one, with no scrabble dictionaries. I won.

No comments: