Wednesday, November 25, 2009

As many of you already know, the law requires me (and some of you) to qualify with my handgun once every five years to be able to carry a handgun in the State of California. Federal law requires me to qualify once a year if I want to carry a handgun in all other states.

And as many of you know, I don't visit the police station much anymore unless I have to. So I haven't qualified with my handgun since I retired in July of 2004. So... I need to qualify next month.

So Corey and I went to a public shooting range in Rancho Cucamonga last week so that I could re-familiarize myself with shooting a handgun. I don't think I have fired a gun in a couple of years. I was surprised how muscle memory kicked in. I was able to put eight rounds in a circle the size of an orange in no time. (Brag-Brag) Thank goodness for titanium sights!!!

Corey, who was rather inexperienced in shooting a handgun, did very well. In no time he was putting eight rounds in the target in an area the size of oh lets say a grapefruit. Very good for his inexperience. Good job Corey!!! It was good being able to enjoy the time together!!

No comments: