Wednesday, November 4, 2009


Many can breath a sigh of relief this morning because it's still cool to hate the gays in this country. One year after proposition 8 went down in defeat in California, the State of Maine voted to repeal their law making same sex marriage legal.

With nearly all the voting precincts tallied, the law was defeated by 58% of the state's voters.

How can people of this great country continue to withhold basic civil rights from a select group of people? If you were to replace the word gay with the word female or black the country would be up in arms yelling prejudice and equal rights. Where is the outrage for the gay community??

If you were to bring this kind of action against Christians there would be a cry heard from coast to coast. And yet, good kind loving Christians are at the forefront of this cultural war because of what the "good book" says about homosexuality.

I'm reminded of the children's Sunday school song;

Jesus loves me this I know,
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong,
they are weak, but He is strong.


Yes Jesus loves me,
yes Jesus loves me.
Yes Jesus loves me,
the Bible tells me so.

Well the Bible tells me that we were all created in God's image. Yet some of these "little ones" were, through no fault of their own, created gay. Where's the disconnect here. Are we all created equally by God - in his/her/it's image, or did God make a mistake?

The Bible is said to be "God's word." The Bible says, "Love God. Love one another." It doesn't say love God and love everyone except gay people.

"They" are no different than you or I. "They" want to grow up, have a successful career, perhaps own a home, a car. "They want to be involved in a loving relationship with another person who they can share life with, raise a family with, and grow old together with. That's not too much to ask is it?

What happened to "one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL?" Or the "golden rule" - do unto others as you would have done unto you?"

Why must it always be "us" and "them"? There's no us and them. There is only "we". "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union..."

I'm truly saddened today. An injustice has been perpetrated against the few. I stand up this morning and stomp my foot and yell to anyone who would hear, It's just not fair!!!

No comments: