Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Morning from PR!!


The photo shows my humble digs while staying here in Puerto Rico. The other three beds are empty right now, but a work party is due to arrive this weekend so Jim and I may be rooming together.

Yesterday I spent the day sweeping & mopping classroom and office floors. At about 1:30 in the afternoon a storm passed through and it rained buckets for about 45 minutes. In SoCal if it had rained like that all the freeway underpasses would be flooded and there would have been mudslides and car crashes everywhere. Within 30 minutes after it stopped, everything was pretty dry and there was nary a clue that it had rained. The teachers here laughed at me for stopping and watching the rain.

Last night we went to church at the local Maranatha Baptist Church. The pastor is Alan Hamilton who is an ex-marine from Texas. Quite a nice guy, although a bit conservative for my taste. After church we made a quick stop at the local Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream.

Jim and I were both in the sack by 10:00 PM after a hard days work. Today looks like another nice day, although as I look out the window, I see clouds approaching. I better get to work before Jim finds me!!

No comments: