Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter in SoCal

We had three strong storms roar thru SoCal over the weekend dropping quite a bit of rain and, as you can see, snow in our local mountains. This is a photo of our mountains from the Haven Ave. overpass of the 60 freeway. It's real nice to look at from here.

It's a great day today as the Victoria's Secret catalogue arrived in the mail!!! Doesn't get any better than that!!

I am putting the finishing touches on my packing for my trip to Puerto Rico. Jim and I fly out tomorrow morning at OH! dark thirty from LAX. We will make a stop in Miami for a couple of hours and then on to San Juan. We arrive in San Juan at approx. 6:50 PM their time, which is four hours ahead of our Pacific standard time.

I made a quick stop at the local Barnes & Noble to pick up a little reading material for the flight and also stopped at the local truck stop for some sheets and a pair of gloves. I like to take a set of sheets with me when I visit PR and then leave them there for them to use for other visitors. I like the sheets for truck sleepers as the top sheet is sewn to the bottom fitted sheet to keep everything together. Awe the memories every time I visit a truck stop!! The rumbling of the engines, the smell of diesel!! And yes, we will be doing some work there so I am taking a pair of gloves to protect my delicate hands!!

If you are interested in more information about the school I will be working at in Puerto Rico you can visit their web site at www:esd.faithweb.com or Betsy's (the director) blog at beach-chair.spaces.live.com. I am taking my camera and lap top computer so I will be able to update my blog with photos and stuff while gone. It should be a nice humid 80 degrees when we arrive. My first trip there, I walked out of the airport and my glassed fogged up from the humidity. I will be home on January 23rd.


No comments: