Saturday, January 26, 2008

Winter in SoCal!!!


It's winter in SoCal and our local mountains have received quite a lot of snow. The nice thing is that it is sunny and 68 degrees down here and cold and snowy up there. It's real pretty to look at from down here. We are expecting another storm tonight and through tomorrow and depending on who you listen to, we are gonna get between two and ten inches of rain over the next 36 hours plus more snow above 4000 ft. in the mountains.

I went to Bally's Gym today and ran 1.5 miles in 18:40. That's not an Olympic record, but it's good for me and my sore knees. My doctor recommended taking a couple of supplements called chondroitin and glucosamine for my sore knees. She says I probably have arthritis and these will help rebuild the cartilage in my knees. So I went to the drug store and found a bottle of 180 tablets that combines the two on sale for $10.49. Then the cashier told me there was a buy one and get one free offer, so I got two bottles for $10.49. My wife was so proud of me!!! My wife is quite the shopper, looking for sales and using coupons whenever she can. I guess she is rubbing off on me after all these years. Who would a thought!!

I'm reading a new book (I know, what a surprise!!) it's entitled; "Change your Thoughts - Change your life - Living the wisdom of the Tao." It's written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. He was one of the speakers at the conference I went to last year. It is obviously a study on the writing of the Tao Te Ching. It's pretty good so far, but I may have to read it a few times to get it all.

No comments: