Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Made It!!

Jim and I made it to Puerto Rico this evening. We arrived at the gate at LAX for our 6:00 AM flight at 5:35 AM and walked right on the plane. We flew a 757 from LAX to Miami Florida and had just under two hours between flights. We then boarded an A330 airbus and flew to San Juan, Puerto Rico. The A330 airbus had seven seats in each row with two on each end and four in the middle. I think that's the biggest plane I've ever been in. Of course Jim and I ended up in the two middle seats of the group of four and then a guy I swear weighed 350 lbs came and sat in the seat next to me. He was quite the nervous one as well as he constantly tapped his feet or swung his knees together. It would have been a real long two-hour trip except I fell asleep and slept about 2/3s of the way. If you look at the map above we are located just to the left of the point on the north east corner of the country. We are about an hour by car from San Juan. The closest big city to us is Farjado.

We were picked up at the airport by James (one of the students), Jenny, and Betsy. We stopped at Chili's on the way for dinner and then headed east for the school. We were briefed on what chores we have ahead of us and are off to bed. We are four hours ahead of you on the west coast so it's 11:43 pm as I type this. More as the week goes on.

No comments: