Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Dyan Cannon

I see that Dyan Cannon turns 71 years old today. She was quite the babe in my younger days. Great hooters, as the photo to the right will bare out. I remember the uproar that the movie "Bob and Carol, Ted and Alice" made in the early 70s. She co-starred in it with Natalie Wood, another of my faves.

Josh and I went out the other night to see the movie "National Treasure Book of Secrets" with Nicolas Cage. It's the second time I've seen it and it was still very good. I love all the gadgets and history in those movies. Since Josh works at the AMC theater the price was very affordable. We stopped at Cold Stone on the way for a little ice cream before the movie.

Yesterday I test drove a 2008 Chevy Silverado pickup. It was kinda of a gun-metal blue with a vortex V-8 engine. It was very nice. The sticker price was $27,900 and I had the guy down to around $25,000. He was disappointed when I told him I wasn't buying yet. I will continue to shop after my return from Puerto Rico.

The weather man is forecasting a monsoon for SoCal. this weekend. Depending on who you listen to, they are expecting between 5-10 inches of rain over the weekend. I would go out and build an ark in the back yard but its a violation of my parole to possess a hammer for anything other than the shear display of the implement.

The countdown for my trip to Puerto Rico is down to four days and a wake up. (That's old military slang) It should be in the mid 80s there every day and nice and humid. I'm taking my trusty lap top so I can continue to post on my blog.

It's only a couple of months until baseball spring training begins again. I see in the news today that Roger Clemens has admitted to taking shots in the locker room, but they were "lidocaine and vitamin B-12". U huh!!

My UCLA Bruin basketball team is 11-1. It's lookin' good so far. They have a freshman center, Kevin Love, who is lookin' pretty good too. Kevin is related to the Beach Boys singer Mike Love.

And last but certainly not least, I had the pleasure of going to lunch with my former co-workers in the FIU to take my good friend Jan out for her birthday. She politely declined to disclose he actual age, but I'm sure she's not a day over 29. We went to the Northwoods Inn in Covina and had red and green salad and their great cheese bread. Good stuff!! A good time was had by all.

No comments: