Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's been a lazy kinda weekend here in Puerto Rico. Jilissa and I went to church this morning at the Maranatha Baptist Church and then met the other group for lunch at Chili's. I managed to find time for a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap. Haven't seen much of Betsy as she is fighting a terrible cold.

The photo to the left was taken this evening as the sun set behind what was just a little while ago a cloud burst. You can just make out the full moon in the background. This evening people are spread out all over the school. Some are in the library watching the football playoffs. I believe Jim is in the girl's dorm still wrestling with the electrical problem in their kitchen. Yesterday Jim replaced a heating element in the solar water heating system which can be used to heat the water when there is no sun for an extended period of time. This morning I had a very nice hot shower

Last night Jilissa challenged me to a game of scrabble and boasted an easy win over her slower and older opponent. I promptly beat her twice in a row, winning for the baby boomer generation.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

hey there - funny that i have to read your blog to know what is happening outside my own door! thanks for keeping us all up to date!