Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mi Casa


This is my humble home. As you can see the sun is out again in SoCal and it's about 65 degrees. My house is at the end of a cul-de-sac up against a freeway wall. You can see part of a freeway sign in the background. One windy winter half that sign was blown onto the roof of my house, split in half, and fell into my yard. Every once in a while I still find white reflectors in the ivy from the sign. We get strong winds here between about November thru January which sometimes reach 75 mph. They come out of the mountain pass to the north of us.

Karen and I are the original owners of the house and watched it being built almost twenty years ago. Our house is three bedrooms, two baths, with an attached enclosed patio on the back.

I spent several hours today cutting and trimming the grass and pulling weeds. Why is it that the grass grows better in the planters than in the yard??

No comments: